Let’s start out with something that is considered the most important meal of the day by the masses. (Not I, and apparently John Berardi, Ph.D. has some reasons I might kind of be right.) That’s right, breakfast.
Breakfast isn’t too hard to make when it comes to eggs and bacon. In fact, my boyfriend who doesn’t cook much is a pro at making eggs. Plus, it’s a very simple thing to make when cooking for one.
I also love juicing, so I made a tangerine and pineapple juice to go alongside it. Honestly, my juices are my favorite part of the morning.
For eggs and bacon, think of how hungry you feel. For me, I was hungry but not starving. So, if you’re starving, add more bacon or eggs.
– 2 eggs
– 2 slices of Trader Joe’s Black Forest bacon (currently obsessed)
– Salt and pepper
1. First, cook the bacon. Peal apart two pieces and place them in a skillet on medium heat. I like my bacon not crispy. It took about 5 minutes to get my bacon to my liking. To get it crispy, continue cooking. Do NOT turn up the heat though because then hot grease will splatter.
2. While waiting for the bacon to cook, crack your eggs into a bowl. I do one at a time to make sure they are okay to eat, meaning no blood.
3. Take a fork and whisk quickly until the yolks and egg whites are swirled together. Add a pinch of salt and a couple of cranks of pepper.
4. If you want fluffy eggs, add a capful of milk.
5. One the bacon is done, place it on a plate covered in paper towels to absorb the grease. Don’t turn off the heat or dump the grease from the pan.
6. Pour the egg into the skillet. Use a spatula to move the egg from one side of the pan to the other slowly. It also depends how you like your eggs. For me, I like them a little well done because I don’t do well with soggy eggs. Mine took about 3 minutes. Once to your liking, turn off heat and transfer to plate.
– 4 tangerines
– 2 pineapple spears
1. I have a slow juicer, so it makes it very simple to make juice. Peel your tangerines.
2. Turn on the juicer and put in peeled tangerines and two pineapple spears. Voila! Just make sure to clean the juicer as soon as you are done though..
Side note: My directions are very simple because my boyfriend always talks about how he needs exact and easy directions.